Pages

Followers

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Easy & Quick Chocolate Chip Cake

I spotted this delicious and easy recipe on Facebook by Tijuana at Po' Man Meals today and decided it would be a nice recipe to try with the kids, without the fuss of making cookies.

The batter is very creamy looking! It looks like chocolate chip cookie dough heaven lol. I cut the batter in half after preparing it, and added 1 tablespoon of dark chocolate cocoa powder to one of the halves. I also used mini chocolate chips instead of the normal sized ones.

Instead of buttering and dusting the pan with flour, I just lightly greased them and I didn't have any problems with the cake sticking.

It's pretty good! The top is flaky almost like a cookie. Alex & Max liked it!

ETA:

After tasteing both cakes, the kids and I all like the one with cocoa powder in it. It doesn't taste very chocolate-y - but it's almost like it balances out the flour/biscuit taste I think sometimes happens with flour cakes. It tastes sweeter but not overpowering.











0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

www.HeyMomBlog.com ©2012 | Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com | Contact info@heymomblog.com