Pages

Followers

Saturday, May 19, 2012

S'mores Cake

My son is a pretty picky eater, even with sweets. So for his 5th birthday I decided to make him a cake modeled after a favorite and fun snack he likes. What I used was just some chocolate cake mix, marshmallows, marshmallow cream, crushed graham crackers, and hot fudge.

I cooked the cake (just one layer for us) and frosted it with marshmallow creme from a jar. Then I stuck broken pieces of the crackers along the side of the cake. Then it was topped with marshmallows that I torched with a long lighter. I finished it by drizzling hot fudge over it. He seemed to enjoy it and it was nice to have something different!

I liked it but I definitely think it can be improved! Suggestions encouraged!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

www.HeyMomBlog.com ©2012 | Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com | Contact info@heymomblog.com